DPS COMPOUND TURBOS/TWIN TURBOS FOR DODGE CUMMINS 5.9L
Increase your Diesel's Performance Everywhere!
Customize Your Turbos
From Stock Horsepower up to 1200 HP
Comes with 3-Piece High Flow Exhaust Manifold
Features & Benefits:
- Excellent Fit, like stock bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- Wastegate Allows Boost Adjustment
- High Flow 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- The largest air filter on the market.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar/Nomex liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- High pressure metal charge pipe.
- Cast hot pipe, not welded thin steel.
- Flexible Steel braided oil supply lines.
- S400 Atmospheric Borg Warner as large turbocharger (75mm, 80mm, 80mm Billet or 83mm Billet Wheel Sizes)
- High pressure Turbo Available from Stock Turbo, 62mm, 64mm, 66mm or 66mm Billet
- High pressure Ball Bearing Turbo Available for lightening fast spool up.
- Support bracket for Lower (large) turbocharger.
- Dual Oil Drain Lines
- Adjustable boost pressure, through the waste gate.
- Stock with S475 Compounds: 250-575 HP
- 62/65/12 with S475 Compounds: 300-600 HP
- 62/71/12 with S475 Compounds: 300-650 HP
- 62/71/12 with S480 Compounds: 300-750 HP
- 64/71/12 with S480 Compounds: 400-800 HP
- 66/71/12 with S480 Compounds: 400-850 HP
- 66/74/14 with S480 Compounds: 500-1000 HP
- 66/74/14 with S483 Compounds: 600-1200 HP
EGT's are typically reduced by 250-400 degrees, over a single turbocharger.
Horsepower, and torque are increased from 22% to 28% depending on your turbo selection.
All of our Compound Kits are excellent for towing. But for our best Towing Twins any of the kit using the 62mm compressor wheels, or the Stock Turbo.
Reasons Why Our Compound Turbos Work So Well
- The air entering the cylinders is cooler, because dual compressors work together within their most efficient zone. The boost air is typically over 100 cooler than from a single turbo.
- The air entering the cylinder is at higher pressure, bringing the boost pressure and exhaust drive pressures near a 1:1 ratio. The intake stroke can actually produce power.
- There are additional air molecules in the cylinder which do not get involved in combustion which carry the heat out of the cylinder (similar to how a jet engine is cooler).
- It has more complete combustion in the cylinders because there’s more air in the cylinder to burn all of the fuel.
DPS Twin/Compound Turbo Kits are all designed on cutting edge CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more advanced high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory, and performs so well. You’ll wonder how you ever drove without them.
Kit includes: Complete Air Intake Including Air Filter, Silicone/Kevlar/Nomex Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Polished Aluminum Charge/Intercooler Pipe, 5-Ply Couplers, Cast Iron Hot Pipe (carries exhaust from the secondary to the primary turbo), Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, S400 Turbo (with 75, 80 or 83mm Wheels, 96mm Turbine and 1.32 A/R Housing), 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), DPS S300 Turbo With Wastegate (with your choice of wheel sizes) unless Stock Turbo is used, New wastegate actuator and bracket for Add-A-Turbo Kits, 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S400 to exhaust pipe on Stocker Kits), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, Installation Instructions, and the absolute best customer service out there.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
Head Stud Recommendations:
- On 3rd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 65 psi.
- On 2nd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 48 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi.
- All or our Compound turbo systems is capable of well over 55 psi, but is adjustable depending on truck.
*Typically S300, ATS Aurora, Industrial Injection, or Garret PowerMax, HTT, or other turbos can be used in this kit.
**On the Stocker, or add-a-turbo kits a few modifications are used to make your stock turbo work with this kit, the modifications will still allow the stock turbo to be used as a stock turbo if you decide to in the future.
1-Year, Limited Warranty.
***On 2nd Gen trucks with automatic transmission. The trans oil heat exchanger on the side of the engine block may need to be removed or relocated, by using flexible hydraulic lines.
I don't normally comment on my truck part purchases, but I felt the quality of your kit was worth taking the time for. I recently purchased one of your stoker / S475 kits for my 06 ram. I have to say I am very impressed with the quality and packaging you guys do. This is my first compound turbo set up. I looked at many kits before purchasing yours. I looked at cheaper and more expensive. I had nearly talked myself into buying a cheaper kit. After receiving your kit I was immediately satisfied with spending the extra money on it. I opened the kit and was very impressed with the packaging alone. I thought to myself, if it performs half as well as it's packaged, I was going to be very happy. I had one issue after installation, but it turned out to be my fault for assuming. I assumed the tube from the output of the S475 to the input of my stock turbo was molded to the connector that uses V band clamp onto the S475. I had one extra clamp once installed and I thought it was odd, however I took the truck for it's test ride and was very impressed with the faster spool up but the system got very loud and not as much boost as I had anticipated. I found out very quickly where the extra clamp went. After that mistake was remedied The system is performing flawlessly. I am very satisfied with this kit. I look forward to putting it to the test towing in the Colorado mountains. I will be purchasing your intake for this same truck as well as probably upgrading my stock turbo to one of your new ball bearing turbos in the near future. I will not hesitate to recommend you guys to anyone who asks.
"I put one of these kits on my 04 Cummins probably 5 or 6 years ago. I have nothing but good to say about it. It has towed loads that do not belong behind a pickup, on a regular basis and has never once disappointed....."
"Great choice for a aftermarket turbo, or even compounds! My DPS add on turbo kit is amazing, completely changed the truck, from egt, too spoil and psi. Completely recommend y'all!'