DPS CUMMINS COMPOUND TURBOS/TWIN TURBOS FOR DODGE CUMMINS 5.9L & 6.7 for 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen & 4th GEN PICKUPS
Increase your Diesel Performance Everywhere
The best compound turbo setup for Cummins Diesel!
From Stock Horsepower up to 1300 HP.
Compound Turbo Kit Selector:
- Stage 1 200-550hp Stock turbo + S475
- Stage 2 250-600hp 62/65/0.7 over S475
- Stage 3 350-650hp 62/71/0.7 over S475
- Stage 4 350-700hp 62/71/0.7 over S480
- Stage 5 400-750hp 64/71/0.7 over S480
- Stage 6 450-850hp 64/74/0.8 over S480*
- Stage 7 500-1000hp 66/74/0.8 over S480*
- Stage 8 650-1300hp 68/74/0.8 over S483*
*Kit available for 6.7 Cummins engines.
Choose Your Cummins Compound Turbo Kit
- Determine your horsepower level, keeping in mind our compound turbo kit will add about 25%
- With you power determine what Stage Level of kit you want from the list above.
- Match the Stages you choose to the star rating map to decide which kit is best for you.
- That's it! Select your kit from the drop-down.
Features & Benefits:
- Excellent factory-like fit. bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- Wastegated, allowing boost adjustment
- Performance 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included
- Super high flow air filter
- Kevlar/Nomex lined silicone low pressure charge pipe provide superior flow and fitment compared to steel
- High pressure metal charge pipe.
- Cast hot pipe, not welded thin steel.
- Flexible Steel braided oil supply lines
- Stainless oil drain lines
- S400 Atmospheric Borg Warner turbocharger
- S300 High Pressure Wastegated turbo
- High pressure Ball Bearing Turbo Available for lightning fast spool up.
- Support bracket for Lower (large) turbocharger.
- Lower EGT's by 250-450 degrees, over a single turbocharger.
- Increase horsepower by 22% to 30% depending on your turbo selection.
- All of our Compound Kits are excellent for towing. But for our best Towing Compounds/Twins are any of the kits using the 62mm compressor wheels, or the Stock Turbo.
- Our Cummins compound turbos are the best turbo upgrade for Dodge Cummins equipment pickups, and significantly improves the diesel performance.
- Computer Flow Model Tested for unmatched air and exhaust flow.
- The only company making 1st gen cummins compound turbos
Reasons Why Our Compound Turbo Setups Work So Well
- A lot more cool air enters the cylinders, because the dual staged compressors work together within their most efficient zones. The boost air is typically over 100 cooler per pressure made than from a single turbo.
- The air entering the cylinder is at higher pressure, bringing the boost pressure and exhaust drive pressures near a 1:1 ratio. The intake stroke can actually produce power.
- There are additional air molecules in the cylinder which do not get involved in combustion which carry the heat out of the cylinder (similar to how a jet engine is cooler).
- It has more complete combustion in the cylinders because there’s more air in the cylinder to burn all of the fuel.
Diesel Power Source compound turbo 5.9 cummins turbo kits are all designed on CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. Our Cummins compound turbos give a factory-like fit with the highest performance possible. Everything fits like it was built from the factory, and performs so well. You’ll wonder how you ever drove without them.
Head Studs Recommended For:
- 1988-2002 engines over 48 psi boost, and fire rings for over 55 psi boost
- 2003-2007 engines over 55 psi boost, and fire rings for over 65 psi boost
- 2007.5-2018 6.7 engines, over 48 psi boost, and fire rings for over 55 psi boost
- Our Compound Turbo systems are all capable of over more than 55 psi, but are adjustable depending on truck.
Have a Fummins or Chummins Conversion? Click this link for our Fummins, Chummins kits: https://www.dieselpowersource.com/compound-twin-turbo-fits-ford-cummins-fummins-conversion
Kit are complete, they include:
- Both s300 and s400 turbos (except stocker)
- Exhaust Manifold
- All air, exhaust and oil tubing
- Air Intake and filter
- Downpipe or Adapter to fit factory exhaust (depending on truck)
Fits: 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1998.5 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2007.5 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Year Trucks
Whether you have a 2006 Cummins or a 1996 Cummins, this Cummins Compound Kit will improve all aspects of performance.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
Q: Can I use my own aftermarket turbo with this kit?
A: Typically most S300 turbos, ATS Diesel Performance, Industrial Injection, Stainless Diesel, Fleece Diesel, or Garret PowerMax, HTT, Borg Warner or other turbos can be used in this kit.
Q: If I use my factory turbo, what modifications do I need to make to it into a Cummins add a turbo kit?
A: On the Stocker, or Cummins Add a Turbo kit a few minor modifications are made to get your stock turbo to work with this kit. Different years of trucks require different mods, but they are all very minor modifications to the stock turbo.
The last 5.9L engine is in 2007 Cummins, which is the same as the 2006 Cummins.
1-Year, Limited Warranty.
Free shipping to the lower 48 states. When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.
***On 2nd Gen trucks with automatic transmission. The trans oil heat exchanger on the side of the engine block will need to be removed, bypassed or relocated to the frame. We sell the relocation kits for $149, select in the drop down.
***Only 2002 and older kits come with a downpipe, 2003 and newer kits bolt right to the factory exhaust.
***These kits do NOT have a CARB exemption. However our exhaust manifolds do.
Q: What is the best turbo for 12v cummins?
A: Typically the best turbo for 12v cummins, are a 62 small turbo and match the large turbo for HP level.
Q: What is the best turbo for 2001 5.9 cummins turbo upgrade?
A: Typically the best turbo for 2001 5.9 cummins, are a 62/S475 kit is HP is lower than 575, Compounds make a great 5.9 cummins turbo upgrade.
Q: Is a compound turbo kit the best turbo upgrade for 5.9 cummins?
A: Yes compound turbos are best turbo upgrade for 5.9 cummins, especially for EGt's and power.
Q: What is the difference between a 5.9 cummins twin turbo kit, and dual turbo kit?
A: 5.9 cummins twin turbo kit would mean sequential turbos.
Q: On my 5.9 cummins compound turbo kit what boost should I expect.
A: Appx. 1 lb of boost per horsepower.