DPS Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo
for Dodge Trucks with a 5.9 Cummins
Choose 62, 64 or 66mm Compressor Wheel Sizes
71 or 74mm Turbine Wheel Sizes
ETT (Extended Tip Technology)
The dual ceramic ball-bearing system used in the DPS 5.9 L Cummins Ball-Bearing Turbo has half of the power consumption of a standard journal bearing system, which translates into quicker throttle response, lightning fast spool-up, improved fuel mileage, more power, exceptional drivability and amazing 5.9 Cummins performance.
“It will give you chills to drive!”
“A game changer in the turbo industry.”
“Increased torque and power right out of the hole…all I can say is WOW!”
When it comes to spool-up and reliability, DPS Ball Bearing turbos are superior to traditional Journal Bearing turbos. DPS Ball-Bearing technology reduces elevated boost level failures that are common with thrust bearings, because the ball bearings have very little friction and can withstand nearly 10x the thrust that a traditional journal bearing turbo can. Having a DPS Ball-Bearing turbo will give you a significantly better driving experience in your diesel truck. The Ball-Bearing turbo dramatically improves low end power and torque (especially at normal driving RPM), as well as top-end performance over the old journal bearing technology.
- Dual Ceramic Ball-Bearings
- Patent Pending Oil Cooling System (no coolant required)
- Wastegated Turbine Housing (Adjustable)
- Extended Tip Compressor Wheels
- 62, 64 and 66 mm Compressor Wheel Sizes
- Can be used as a direct factory replacement turbo
- Based on the S300 turbo platform with substantial modifications
- Polished Compressor Housing
- Great for towing
- Optional Billet Wheel Upgrade
An excellent turbo for your twin (compound) turbo application.
Choose Compressor and Turbine Wheel and Housing sizes
Compressor Wheel Sizes from 62, 64 or 66mm (even billet)
Turbine Wheel Sizes: 71 and 74mm
- 62/71/12 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 64/71/12 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 66/71/12 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 66/74/14 (0.8 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
We can get the non-wastegated T4 Turbine Housing's as well. Please call or email us on these.
Turbo Spool-Up and Horsepower Comparison Table
- DPS 62/71/12 Ball Bearing: 1100-1250 RPM's; Max HP Rating 450
- DPS 64/71/12 Ball Bearing: 1300-1500 RPM's; Max HP Rating 550
- DPS 66/74/12 Ball Bearing: 1500-1700 RPM’s; Max HP Rating 630
- DPS 66/74/14 Ball Bearing: 1700-1900 RPM’s; Max HP Rating 700
** Turbos will spool differently in every truck. Injector size, timing, cam shaft, and other mods all affect the spool-up, the above table is the typical spool-up RPM's.
Truck Years: 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Whether you’re towing, racing, daily driving, or just need a stock replacement, this turbo does it all.
Comes with a 1-year, limited warranty.
When comparing to Garrett Powermax or Borg Warner EFR turbocharger the DPS Ball Bearing outperforms comparably priced and sized turbos.
When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.