S475 TWIN (COMPOUND) TURBO FOR DODGE CUMMINS Fits 2003 - 2007
A 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING IS INCLUDED IN ALL DPS 62mm & 64mm TURBOS
360 Degree Thrust Bearing Adds 45% more thrust load capacity, making you small turbo virtually "indestructible"
DPS 62mm over S400 Turbo (75mm)
Full Compound Turbo Includes Everything for Install
This S474 compound kit is the most unique and innovative Twin Turbo Kit available today, with features like:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- High Flow 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- The largest air filter on the market.
- Bolts right to factory exhaust on 2003-2012 trucks.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar/Nomex liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- High pressure charge pipe is strong chrome plated aluminum.
- Small turbo has a 150% greater wastegate capacity
- Option of adding a built-in external wastegate.
- Cast hot pipe, has external wastegate port already built-in.
- Flexible Steel braided oil supply lines.
- Polished DPS (small) turbocharger.
- S475 Borg Warner (S400 with 75mm compressor wheel) as large turbocharger.
- Support bracket for Lower (large) turbocharger.
- Adjustable boost pressure.
- Tons of other upgrade options: (upgrade options include increasing the S475 turbo up to an S480 or, and the DPS turbo 62mm to a 64mm, and turbine wheel upgrades from 65mm to 71mm Call for details.)
Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines (except for 12V engines that only have one oil drain port).
Diesel Power Source, Twin/Compound Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is very driveable. SPOOL UP IS SIMILAR TO STOCK, while raising airflow significantly. You'll be amazed at the spool up, and driveability they get from such a high performance kit. **SPOOL UP IS VERY SIMILAR TO STOCK TURBO.
EGT's are typically reduced by 300-500 degrees, over a single turbocharger.
Boost pressure will typically exceed drive pressure, which can't typically be done with a single turbocharger (with a single turbo, drive pressure is typically about double boost pressure).
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
Specifically tuned for 300 to 650 horsepower applications.
This Twin/Compound Turbo Kit was designed on cutting edge CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Elbow (carries exhaust from the secondary to the primary turbo), Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe, 1-DPS DTech 62 Turbo (small turbo, 64/65/12),1-S475 Turbo (large turbo 75mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S480 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, 4" Exhaust Downpipe, Installation Instructions.
Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit (the S475-S483 Twin Kits yield even better results).
Reasons Why Our Compound Turbos Work So Well
- The air entering the cylinders is cooler, because dual compressors work together within their most efficient zone. The boost air is typically over 100 cooler than from a single turbo.
- The air entering the cylinder is at higher pressure, bringing the boost pressure and exhaust drive pressures near a 1:1 ratio. The intake stroke can actually produce power.
- There are additional air molecules in the cylinder which do not get involved in combustion which carry the heat out of the cylinder (similar to how a jet engine is cooler).
- It has more complete combustion in the cylinders because there’s more air in the cylinder to burn all of the fuel.
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Question 1: If you already have a competitor’s turbo (ie. BD, Phat Shaft, Arora) or an S400, can you use it on this kit.
Answer 1: Possibly. give us a call and we can let you know.
Question 2: Why is the kit more than the 3rd Gen kits.
Answer 2: Because 2nd gen kits require the included downpipe.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
** The standard kit is a DPS 62 over an S475. (Add $400 for and S480 (80mm) Upgrade, Add $100 for DPS 64 Upgrade, and Add $200 for DPS turbine wheel upgrade to 71mm)
** On 3rd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 65 psi. This system is capable of well over 60 psi, but is adjustable to below 50 psi, depending on truck.
** Most S300 turbos can be used in this kit.
Free shipping to the lower 48 states. When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.