DPS STOCK ADD A TURBO TWIN KIT FOR DODGE 5.9 3RD GEN CUMMINS TWIN TURBO KIT
5.9 Cummins Add a Turbo fits 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007
*Diesel Power Source Towing Compounds use your stock He341/He351 turbo as the small turbo.*
Spools faster than your stock turbo does by itself, much cooler EGTs
Choosing Your 5.9 Cummins Add-a-Turbo Kit
Stage 1 Compound Kit
- Horsepower range: Stock to 650 HP
- Drivability: (5 Star)
- Tow Rating: (5 Star)
- Horsepower Increase: 22% (4 Star)
- Torque Increase: 25% (5 Star)
- EGT Reduction: 250-350 degrees (4 Star)
- Mileage Increase: Same to +1 mpg (3 Star)
- Smoke Reduction: 5-Star
Features of DPS 3rd gen Cummins Twin Turbo Kits:
- Couples right to factory exhaust elbow.
- Uses stock He341 or He351 turbo
- Direct factory-like fit, no cutting.
- Adjustable wastegate provided, boost adjustable
- DPS high flow 3-pc, 2nd gen Exhaust Manifold included
- Includes air intake
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar/Nomex liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- Polished intercooler pipe.
- Cast hot pipe, will not crack like welded pipe.
- Flexible Steel braided oil supply lines.
- S475 large turbocharger (S480 available)
- Dual Stainless Oil Drain Lines
- 3D CAD designed
- CFD fluid dynamic air designed
- Pre-tapped pyro ports in manifold
Why our Cummins Towing Compounds Work So Well
- The air entering the cylinders is cooler, because dual compressors work together within their most efficient zone. The boost air is typically over 100 cooler than from a single turbo.
- The air entering the cylinder is at higher pressure, bringing the boost pressure and exhaust drive pressures near a 1:1 ratio. The intake stroke can actually produce power.
- There are additional air molecules in the cylinder which do not get involved in combustion which carry the heat out of the cylinder (similar to how a jet engine works with its bypass ratio). Much cooler EGTs
- It has more complete combustion in the cylinders because there’s more air in the cylinder to burn all of the fuel.
DPS Cummins Add a Turbo Kit 5.9 Cummins is the best fitting towing compound kit you can buy for your 5.9 Cummins. With lightning fast spool-up and huge EGT reduction allows full throttle towing up hills without stress. You'll be amazed how well this kit makes your little stock turbo run.
This Cummins add a turbo kit increases horsepower and torque throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
"Excellent fit and finish, with superb performance, for a set of budget compounds!" -Diesel Boys Podcast
Kit includes: Compound turbo 5.9 cummins towing compounds, Air Filter, Cast Exhaust Hot Pipe, Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, DPS 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold, Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Low Pressure Charge Pipe, Polished Aluminum Charge Pipe, New wastegate actuator and bracket, 1-S475 Turbo, Steel Braided Oil Supply Lines, Stainless Steel Oil Drain Lines, All Clamps, Bolts, Fittings etc. necessary, Exhaust Adapter (from S400 to fit factory exhaust pipe), Installation Instructions, and excellent customer support.
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our towing twins. Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Question 1: If you already have a competitor’s turbo (ie. BD, Phat Shaft, Arora) or an S400, can you use it on this kit.
Answer 1: Possibly. Give us a call and we can let you know.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
**Exhaust manifold is CARB Exempt, and EO numbered.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
** The standard kit includes an S475.
** On 3rd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 65 psi. This system is capable of well over 55 psi, but is adjustable depending on truck.
***There are a few modifications we have you make to your stock turbo to work with this kit, the modifications will still allow the stock turbo to be used as a stock turbo if you decide to in the future.
1-Year, Limited Warranty.
Free shipping to the lower 48 states. When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.
Searchable: Twin turbo common rail cummins