STOCKER S475 TWIN TURBOS FOR CUMMINS 5.9
Add a Turbo Compound Kit
Fits 2003-2007 Year Trucks
Stock Turbo over S475 (75mm-S400) Compound Turbocharger Kit
*With this kit you use your stock turbo as the small turbo.*
Spools faster than your stock turbo does by itself.
Stocker Compound Turbo Includes Everything for Install.
Features & Benefits:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- New Wastegate actuator provided to make your stock wastegate adjustable
- High Flow 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- The largest air filter on the market.
- Bolts right to factory exhaust on 2003-2007 trucks.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar/Nomex liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- High pressure charge pipe is strong chrome plated aluminum.
- Cast hot pipe, not welded thin steel.
- Flexible Steel braided oil supply lines.
- S475 Borg Warner (S400 with 75mm compressor wheel) as large turbocharger.
- Support bracket for Lower (large) turbocharger.
- Dual Oil Drain Lines
- Adjustable boost pressure.
- Tons of other upgrade options: (upgrade options include increasing the S475 turbo up to an S480 Call for details.)
Lightning Fast Spool-Up. Diesel Power Source, Stocker Twin / Compound Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is so very driveable. SPOOL UP IS BETTER THAN STOCK, while raising airflow significantly. You'll be amazed how well your little stock turbo runs in this twin kit.
EGT's are typically reduced by 250-400 degrees, over a stock turbocharger.
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
Specifically tuned for stock horsepower up to 650 horsepower applications.
Reasons Why Our Compound Turbos Work So Well
- The air entering the cylinders is cooler, because dual compressors work together within their most efficient zone. The boost air is typically over 100 cooler than from a single turbo.
- The air entering the cylinder is at higher pressure, bringing the boost pressure and exhaust drive pressures near a 1:1 ratio. The intake stroke can actually produce power.
- There are additional air molecules in the cylinder which do not get involved in combustion which carry the heat out of the cylinder (similar to how a jet engine is cooler).
- It has more complete combustion in the cylinders because there’s more air in the cylinder to burn all of the fuel.
This Twin/Compound Turbo Kit was designed on cutting edge CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Elbow (carries exhaust from the secondary to the primary turbo), Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe, New wastegate actuator and bracket,1-S475 Turbo (large turbo 75mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S400 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, Installation Instructions.
Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit (the S475-S483 Twin Kits yield even better results).
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Question 1: If you already have a competitor’s turbo (ie. BD, Phat Shaft, Arora) or an S400, can you use it on this kit.
Answer 1: Possibly. give us a call and we can let you know.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
** The standard kit includes an S475. (Add $400 for and S480 (80mm) Upgrade.
** On 3rd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 65 psi. This system is capable of well over 55 psi, but is adjustable depending on truck.
** Most S300 turbos can be used in this kit.
***There are a few modifications we have you make to your stock turbo to work with this kit, the modifications will still allow the stock turbo to be used as a stock turbo if you decide to in the future.
1-Year, Limited Warranty.