STOCKER S47 5.9 CUMMINS TWIN TURBO 2nd Gen
Fits 1988-1998 Year Trucks 12V
*With this kit you use your stock turbo as the small turbo.*
Spools extremely quick and cools EGT’s 250-350 degrees.
This twin turbo 5.9 cummins tocker Compound Kit includes everything necessary for install, including a new 3-Piece Exhaust manifold and 4” downpipe.
Features & Benefits:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- High Flow 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- The largest air filter on the market.
- 4 inch downpipe included (S475 Turbo has 5 inch outlet reduced to 4 inch).
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar/Nomex liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- High pressure charge pipe is strong chrome plated aluminum.
- Cast hot pipe, not welded thin steel.
- Support Bracket for S475 Turbo
- Flexible Steel braided oil supply lines, and OEM quality oil drain lines.
- S475 Borg Warner (S400 with 75mm compressor wheel) as large turbocharger
- Dual OEM Quality Oil Drain Lines, when block allows (except on early 12V engines with only 1 port)
- Tons of other upgrade options: (upgrade options include increasing the S475 turbo up to an S480 Call for details.)
Lightning Fast Spool-Up. Diesel Power Source, Stocker Twin / Compound Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is so very driveable.
EGT's are typically reduced by 250-350 degrees.
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range. Typically increases horsepower by 22%-24%. A 400 HP truck will typically gain appx. 90 HP.
Reasons Why Our Compound Turbos Work So Well
- The air entering the cylinders is cooler, because dual compressors work together within their most efficient zone. The boost air is typically over 100 cooler than from a single turbo.
- The air entering the cylinder is at higher pressure, bringing the boost pressure and exhaust drive pressures near a 1:1 ratio. The intake stroke can actually produce power.
- There are additional air molecules in the cylinder which do not get involved in combustion which carry the heat out of the cylinder (similar to how a jet engine is cooler).
- It has more complete combustion in the cylinders because there’s more air in the cylinder to burn all of the fuel.
Specifically tuned to run from stock horsepower all the way up to 575 horsepower.
This Twin/Compound Turbo Kit was designed on cutting edge CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more advanced kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory. This is a perfect turbo upgrade for dodge cummins
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Hot Pipe, Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Low-Pressure Charge Pipe, Aluminum High Pressure Charge Pipe, New wastegate actuator and bracket,1-S475 Turbo (large turbo 75mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing, when needed, 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S400 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, Installation Instructions….and the absolute best customer support on the planet.
Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit (the S475-S483 Twin Kits yield even better results).
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our HT3B Full Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Question 1: If you already have a competitor’s turbo (ie. BD, Phat Shaft, Arora) or an S400, can you use it on this kit.
Answer 1: Possibly. give us a call and we can let you know.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
** The standard kit includes an S475. (Add $400 for and S480 (80mm) Upgrade.
** On 2nd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 48 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi. This system is capable of well over 55 psi.
** Most S300 based turbos can be used in this kit.
***There are a few modifications we have you make to your stock turbo to work with this kit, the modifications will still allow the stock turbo to be used as a stock turbo if you decide to in the future.
Note: On trucks with automatic transmission. The oil cooler on the side of the engine block may need to be either removed or relocated.
Free shipping to the lower 48 states. When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.