S475 TWIN (COMPOUND) TURBO FOR DODGE CUMMINS Fits 2007.5 - 2009
A 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING IS INCLUDED IN EVERY DPS 62mm & 64mm TURBO
Our 360 Degree Thrust Bearing Adds 60% more thrust load capacity, making your turbo virtually "indestructible"
DPS 62mm Turbo over S475 Turbo (75mm)
Full Compound Turbo Includes Everything for Install
This compound kit is the most unique and innovative Twin Turbo Kit available today, with features like:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- High Flow 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- Uses only the stock oil return (no need to pop out freeze plug for the second return line), all oil returns in the single, stock block return line.
- The largest air filter on the market.
- Bolts right to factory exhaust on 2003-2012 trucks.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- High pressure charge pipe is strong chrome plated aluminum.
- Small turbo has a 150% greater wastegate capacity
- An option of adding a built-in external wastegate.
- Cast hot pipe, has external wastegate port already built-in, which won't crack like welded pipes do.
- Steel braided oil feed lines.
- Polished DPS 62mm (small) turbocharger (Dtech).
- S475 Borg Warner (S400 with 75mm compressor wheel) as large turbocharger.
- Support bracket for Lower (large) turbocharger.
- Adjustable boost pressure.
- Manyother upgrade options available: (upgrade options include increasing the S475 turbo up to an S483 (83mm compressor), and the DPS turbo 62mm to a 64mm, call for details.)
Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines (except for 12V engines that only have one oil drain port).
Diesel Power Source, Twin/Compound Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is very driveable. SPOOL UP IS SIMILAR TO STOCK, while raising airflow significantly. Customers are amazed at the spool up, and driveability they get from such a high performance kit. **SPOOL UP IS VERY SIMILAR TO STOCK TURBO.
EGT's are typically reduced by 300-500 degrees, over a single turbocharger.
Boost pressure will typically exceed drive pressure. This can't typically be done with a single turbocharger (with single turbos, typically drive pressure is nearly double boost pressure).
Horsepower and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
Specifically tuned for 350 to 800 horsepower applications.
This Twin/Compound Turbo Kit was designed on cutting edge CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory to be there.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Elbow (carries exhaust from primary to secondary turbo), Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe, 1-DPS DTech 62 Turbo (small turbo, 62/12/65),1-S475 Turbo (large turbo 75mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S475 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, 4" Exhaust Downpipe, Installation Instructions.
Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit (the S475-S483 Twin Kits yield even better results).
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has slightly less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Head Stud Recommendations:
- On 3rd Gen 5.9L trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressures that are over 55 psi, and fire rings are recommended for boost pressures that are over 65 psi.
- On 2nd Gen trucks and 6.7 L Trucks (3rd and 4th gen), head studs are highly recommended for boost pressures that are over 48 psi, and fire rings are recommended for boost pressures that are over 55 psi.
- All of our Compound Turbo systems are capable of over more than 55 psi, but are adjustable depending on truck.
Question 1: If you already have a competitor’s turbo (ie. BD, Phat Shaft, Arora) or an HT3B, can you use it on this kit.
Answer 1: Possibly. give us a call and we can let you know.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
** For 6.7 L Cummins owners. This kit requires a DPF delete, and removal of the EGR, as well as a programmer with a turbo delete, such as Smarty. For all 6.7 L Cummins this kit is for off-road use only.
** The standard kit is a DPS 62 over an S475. (Add $400 for and S480 (80mm) Upgrade, Add $100 for DPS 64 Upgrade)
** On trucks with automatic transmissions, some trucks require relocation of the transmission oil cooler on the side of the engine block, but not all 2nd gen trucks require this.
** Most S300 turbos can be used in this kit.
Free shipping to the lower 48 states. When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.