64/71 over S480 TWIN (COMPOUND) TURBOS FOR DODGE 5.9 CUMMINS 2003 - 2007
A 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING IS INCLUDED IN ALL DPS 62mm & 64mm TURBOS
360 Degree Thrust Bearing Adds 45% more thrust load capacity, making you small turbo virtually "indestructible"
DPS 64/71/12 over S480 Turbocharger (80mm)
Full Compound Turbo Includes Everything for Install
This compound kit is the most unique and innovative Twin Turbo Kit available today, with features like:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- High Flow 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- The absolute largest air filter on the market.
- Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines, except for 12V engines that have only one oil drain port.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- High pressure charge pipe is strong chrome plated aluminum.
- Small turbo has a 150% greater wastegate capacity
- Cast hot pipe won’t crack like welded pipes do.
- Flexible Steel Braided Oil Supply lines.
- DPS 64/71/12 Turbo (small turbo)
- S480 Borg Warner (S400 with 80mm compressor wheel) as large turbocharger.
- Support bracket for Lower (large) Turbo.
- Adjustable boost pressure, with spring gate.
- Perfect for the 5.9 cummins turbo upgrade.
- Other upgrade options (Upgrade options include increasing the S480 turbo up to an S483 (83mm compressor, call for pricing).
Diesel Power Source, 5.9 cummins twin turbo kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is very driveable. SPOOL UP IS SIMILAR TO STOCK, while raising airflow significantly. Customers are amazed at the spool up, and driveability they get from such a high performance kit. **SPOOL UP IS APPX. 1500-1600 RPM RANGE, VERY QUICK FOR THIS SIZE OF KIT.
EGT's are typically reduced by 300-500 degrees, over a single turbocharger.
Boost pressure will typically exceed drive pressure, which can't typically be done with a single turbocharger (with a single turbo, drive pressure is typically about double boost pressure).
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
Specifically tuned for 400 to 850 horsepower applications.
This Twin Turbo diesel Kit was designed on CAD Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Elbow (carries exhaust from the secondary to the primary turbo), Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe, 1-DPS 64/71 Turbo (small turbo, 64/65/12),1-S480 Turbo (large turbo 80mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S480 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, Installation Instructions.
Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit (the S475-S483 Twin Kits yield even better results)
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Reasons Why Our Compound Turbos Work So Well
- The air entering the cylinders is cooler, because dual compressors work together within their most efficient zone. The boost air is typically over 100 cooler than from a single turbo.
- The air entering the cylinder is at higher pressure, bringing the boost pressure and exhaust drive pressures near a 1:1 ratio. The intake stroke can actually produce power.
- There are additional air molecules in the cylinder which do not get involved in combustion which carry the heat out of the cylinder (similar to how a jet engine is cooler).
- It has more complete combustion in the cylinders because there’s more air in the cylinder to burn all of the fuel.
Question 1: If you already have a competitor’s turbo (ie. BD, Phat Shaft, Arora) or an S400, can you use it on this kit.
Answer 1: Possibly. give us a call and we can let you know.
Question 2: Why is the kit more than the 3rd Gen kits.
Answer 2: Because 2nd gen kits require the included downpipe.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
** The standard kit has a 65mm turbine wheel (upgrade to 71mm turbine wheel for $200 additional) on the DPS 64 turbo,
** On 2nd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 48 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi. This system is capable of well over 60 psi, but is adjustable to below 50 psi, depending on truck.
** On 3rd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 65 psi. This system is capable of well over 60 psi, but is adjustable to below 50 psi, depending on truck.
** Spool-up on the DPS 64/71 over an S480 is slightly slower than stock, but does have much higher top-end air flow and performance. Spool-up is still very driveable.
** Most S300 and S400 turbos can be used with this kit.
Free shipping to the lower 48 states. When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.