S475 TWIN (COMPOUND) TURBO KIT FOR DODGE CUMMINS 1994 - 1998
A 360 DEGREE THRUST BEARING IS INCLUDED IN ALL DPS 62mm & 64mm TURBOS
360 Degree Thrust Bearing Adds 45% more thrust load capacity, making you small turbo virtually "indestructible"
DPS 62mm Turbo over S475 Twin Turbo (75mm)
Full Compound Turbo Includes Everything for Install
This compound kit is the most unique and innovative Twin Turbo Kit available today, with features like:
- Direct bolt-on application, no cutting or fabrication needed.
- High Flow 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold included in kit.
- Largest air filter on the market.
- Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines, except for 12V engines that have only one oil drain port.
- Comes with a 4” Exhaust Downpipe for 1994-2002 trucks.
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar/Nomex liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube, and extremely strong). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow/insulation characteristics than steel.
- High pressure charge pipe is strong chrome plated aluminum.
- Small turbo has a 150% greater wastegate capacity.
- Cast hot pipe, has external wastegate port already built-in, which won’t crack like welded pipes do.
- Flexible Steel Braided Oil Supply lines.
- Flexible Stainless Steel Oil Drain lines.
- Polished DPS (small) turbocharger.
- S475 Borg Warner (S400 with 75mm compressor wheel) as a large turbocharger.
- Support bracket for Lower (large) Turbo.
- Adjustable boost pressure.
- Tons of other upgrade options (Upgrade options include increasing the S475 turbo up to an S480 or S483 and the DPS 62mm turbo to a 64mm, or Turbine Wheel Sizes Call for details).
Our kits now come with two separate oil drain lines (except for 12V engines that only have one oil drain port).
Diesel Power Source, Twin/Compound S475 Twin Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is very mild mannered. SPOOL UP IS IDENTICAL TO STOCK, while raising airflow significantly. You'll be amazed at the spool up, and driveability from such a high performance kit. **SPOOL UP SIMILAR TO STOCK TURBO.
EGT's are typically reduced by 300-500 degrees, over a single turbocharger.
Boost pressure will typically exceed drive pressure, which can't typically be done with a single turbocharger (with single turbos, typically drive pressure is nearly double boost pressure).
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range.
Specifically tuned for 350 to 800 horsepower applications.
This Twin/Compound Turbo Kit was designed on cutting edge CAD/CAM Software, using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Testing. You will not find a more high tech kit on the market today. Everything fits like it was built from the factory to be there.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Elbow (carries exhaust from primary to secondary turbo), Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Charge Pipe (on Low-pressure end), Chrome Plated Aluminum Charge Pipe, 1-DPS 62 Turbo (small turbo, 62/12/65, formerly Dtech) ,1-S475 Turbo (large turbo 75mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing), 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S475 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, 4" Exhaust Downpipe, Installation Instructions.
Note: The following test results are on our HT3B Twin Kit (the S475-S483 Twin Kits yield even better results).
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Twin Turbo Kit (this test was on our HT3B twin kit which has slightly less air flow than the S400 series kits). Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 degrees, (Test Time: 13 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 2 Competitors Stainless Steel Housing Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1700 deg (Test Time: 17 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1290 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1290 degrees).
Head Stud Recommendations:
- On 3rd Gen 5.9L trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressures that are over 55 psi, and fire rings are recommended for boost pressures that are over 65 psi.
- On 2nd Gen trucks and 6.7 L Trucks (3rd and 4th gen), head studs are highly recommended for boost pressures that are over 48 psi, and fire rings are recommended for boost pressures that are over 55 psi.
- All of our Compound Turbo systems are capable of over more than 55 psi, but are adjustable depending on truck.
Question 1: If you already have a competitor’s turbo (ie. BD, Phat Shaft (Industrial Injection), Arora (ATS)) or an S400, can you use it on this kit.
Answer 1: Very Likely. Give us a call and we can let you know.
Question 2: Why is the kit more than the 3rd Gen kits.
Answer 2: Because 2nd gen kits require the included downpipe, and 3rd gen kits bolt right to the factory exhaust.
Please call with any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
**For 1st gen trucks, intercooler hose modifications may be necessary
** The standard kit is a DPS 62 over an S475. (Additional charge for S480 (80mm) Upgrade, additional charge for DPS 64 Upgrade, or 71mm turbine wheel upgrade)
** On trucks with automatic transmissions, some trucks require relocation of the transmission oil cooler on the side of the engine block, but not all 2nd gen trucks require this.
** Most S300 and S400 turbos can be used in this kit.
Free shipping to the lower 48 states. When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.