DPS STOCKER S475 5.9 CUMMINS TWIN TURBO 1st Gen and 2nd Gen
Fits 1989 1990 1991 1992 1992 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 Year Trucks 12V;
*DPS Towing Compounds use your stock K1 HX35 HY35 turbo as the small turbo.*
Spools faster than your stock turbo does by itself
Spools extremely quick and cools EGT’s 250-350 degrees.
Choosing Your Kit
- Horsepower range: Stock to 600 HP
- Drivability: (5 Star)
- Tow Rating: (5 Star)
- Horsepower Increase: 21% (4 Star)
- Torque Increase: 23% (5 Star)
- EGT Reduction: 250-350 degrees (4 Star)
- Mileage Increase: Same to +1 mpg (3 Star)
- Smoke Reduction: 5-Star
Features & Benefits of Add a Turbo Kit:
- Couples right to factory exhaust elbow.
- Uses stock K1 HX35 HY35 turbo
- Direct factory-like fit, no cutting.
- Adjustable wastegate provided, boost adjustable
- DPS high flow 3-pc, 2nd gen Exhaust Manifold included
- Includes air intake
- 4 inch downpipe included (S475 Turbo has 5 inch outlet reduced to 4 inch)
- Low pressure charge pipe is silicone with Kevlar/Nomex liner (which is easier to fit than a steel tube). Silicone tubing uses fewer clamps and has better flow characteristics than steel.
- Polished intercooler pipe.
- Cast hot pipe, will not crack like welded pipe.
- Flexible Steel braided oil supply lines.
- S475 large turbocharger (S480 available)
- Dual Stainless Oil Drain Lines can 'Y' into single port block
- 3D CAD designed
- CFD fluid dynamic air designed
- Pre-tapped pyro ports in manifold
- Cummins 12V and Cummins 24V require trans cooler relocation kit
- Dodge Cummins 1st and 2nd compatible
Reasons Why Our Stocker Compounds Work So Well
- The air entering the cylinders is cooler, because dual compressors work together within their most efficient zone. The boost air is typically over 100 cooler than from a single turbo.
- The air entering the cylinder is at higher pressure, bringing the boost pressure and exhaust drive pressures near a 1:1 ratio. The intake stroke can actually produce power.
- There are additional air molecules in the cylinder which do not get involved in combustion which carry the heat out of the cylinder (similar to how a jet engine is cooler).
- It has more complete combustion in the cylinders because there’s more air in the cylinder to burn all of the fuel.
Lightning Fast Spool-Up. Diesel Power Source, Stocker Twin / Compound Turbo Kit, performs excellent when Racing, Towing, or Sled Pulling, but is so very driveable.
Horsepower, and torque are increased throughout the entire RPM band, and significantly increased in mid and upper range. Typically increases horsepower by 21%-22%. A 400 HP truck will typically gain appx. 90 HP.
Specifically tuned to run from stock horsepower all the way up to 600 horsepower.
Kit includes: Air Filter, Cast Iron Hot Pipe, Support Bracket for S400 Turbo, 3-Piece Exhaust Manifold (pre-tapped ports for pyro), Complete Air Intake including Air Filter, Silicone Low-Pressure Charge Pipe, Aluminum High Pressure Charge Pipe, New wastegate actuator and bracket,1-S475 Turbo (large turbo 75mm compressor wheel/ 96m turbine wheel, 1.32 A/R Housing, when needed, 2-Steel Braided High Temp Oil Supply Lines, 2-Oil Drain Lines & Fittings, Turbo & Manifold Gaskets, Oil Line Adapters, Mounting Bolts, Exhaust Adapter (from S400 to exhaust pipe), V-Band Clamps, High Torque T-Bolt Clamps, Low Torque Clamps, Installation Instructions….and the absolute best customer support on the planet.
EGT TEST RESULTS: The following test results were to test different single turbochargers against our Stocker Compound Turbo Kit. Each test consisted of a sustained 400hp dyno pull. The test truck was brought up to a 400hp on the dyno, and then loaded to hold a sustained loaded pull, equal to pulling a trailer up a grade using 400 hp. The EGT's were read pre-turbo. The results follow:
- Test 1 Stock Turbo: Max EGT's reached 1500 degrees, (Test Time: 9 seconds, operator ended test due to excessive EGT's).
- Test 3 Diesel Power Source Twin Turbos: Max EGT's reached 1200 (Test Time: 1 minute, EGT's did not ever exceed 1200 degrees).
Question 1: If you already have a competitor’s modified stock turbo (ie. Fleece Performance, Stainless Diesel, BD, Phat Shaft, ATS Diesel) can you use it on this kit.
Answer 1: Yes. give us a call and we can let you know.
Please send any other questions. --Thanks Diesel Power Source.
** 1-Year, Limited Warranty.
** The standard kit includes an S475.
** On 2nd Gen trucks, head studs are highly recommended for boost pressure over 48 psi, and fire rings recommended for boost pressure over 55 psi. This system is capable of well over 55 psi.
***There are a few modifications we have you make to your stock turbo to work with this kit, the modifications will still allow the stock turbo to be used as a stock turbo if you decide to in the future.
Note: On trucks with automatic transmission. The oil cooler on the side of the engine block may need to be either removed or relocated, kit available below.
Free shipping to the lower 48 states. When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.