DPS TURBO FOR CUMMINS 5.9 TURBO 1988 - 2007
Fits 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
360 DEGREE BEARING INCLUDED AT NO ADDITIONAL COST!
Choose Compressor and Turbine Wheel sizes
Compressor Wheel Sizes from 62, 64 or 66mm
Turbine Wheel Sizes: 65, 71, 74
ETT (Extended Tip Technology)
S300 Based Turbo Choices
- 62/65/12 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 62/71/12 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 64/71/12 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 64/74/12 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 64/74/14 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 66/71/12 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 66/74/12 (0.7 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
- 66/74/14 (0.8 AR) Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
62/68/12 Billet Turbo Wastegated T3 Flange
66/74 (0.9 AR) Turbo NON-Wastegated T4 Flange
ETT (Extended Tip Technology)
The 360 degree bearing adds 50% more thrust load capacity.
Features & Benefits:
- Directly bolts onto 1988-2007 Dodge Cummins 5.9L (2002 & older require downpipe)
- 6 pad 360° Thrust Bearing
- Wastegated turbine Housing (Adjustable)
- 62, 62 and 66 mm Compressor Wheel Sizes
- 65, 71 and 74 mm Turbine Wheel Sizes (74 can be either Clipped and unclipped)
- POLISHED COMPRESSOR HOUSING AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
- Horsepower Gains typically be between 10%-15% rwhp, depending on truck modifications
- Can be used as direct factory replacement turbo
- Lower EGT's (Exhaust Temps) by 10%-15%
- Applications for Towing, Racing, Daily Driving, Fuel Mileage, Lower EGT's
- Optional Billet Wheel Upgrade Available
Turbo Spool-Up and Horsepower Comparison Table
- DPS 62/65/12: 1300-1400 RPM's; Max HP Rating 450
- DPS 62/71/12: 1350-1450 RPM's; Max HP Rating 500
- DPS 64/71/12: 1450-1600 RPM's; Max HP Rating 550
- DPS 66/74/12: 1600-1800 RPM's; Max HP Rating 600
- DPS 66/74/14: 1800-2000 RPM's; Max HP Rating 700
** Turbos will spool differently in every truck. Injector size, timing, cam shaft, and other mods all affect the spool-up, the above table is the typical spool-up RPM's.
Our DPS Cummins 5.9 turbo is perfectly engineered to offer excellent drive-ability, while making a large drop in EGT's, and huge horsepower gains. Spool up is very similar to stock. The DPS turbo for 5.9 cummins is based on the S300 turbo platform with substantial modifications. Our innovative in-house engineering has greatly improved the performance of the DPS Turbos by:
Redesigning the exhaust scroll, creating quicker spool up than a 12cm2 housing, but flowing equal volume to the 14cm2. Using a proprietary “trick” to optimize the exit angle into the wheel. A very noticeable difference.
Utilizing a wastegate designed to flow more volume
Improving the internal bearing structure
The DPS Turbo for 5.9 cummins is also an excellent choice for the primary charger in a twin (compound) turbo application.
We're happy to talk to you and answer any questions you may have. We'd love to help you size a proper turbo to your application. Many times we can prevent you from purchasing the wrong turbo with just a simple phone call.
Phone Number (801)930-8404
Truck Years: 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Whether you’re towing, racing, daily driving, or just need a stock replacement, this turbo does it all.
Comes with a 1-year, limited warranty.
Free shipping to the lower 48 states. When shipping to anywhere outside of the lower 48 states, additional shipping fees may apply.
Outperforms other S300 based turbos, up to their size (compare to HTB2, Phat Shaft, Super B, Aurora turbos).
**PLEASE NOTE: IF ORDERING FOR FOR COMPOUNDS, PLEASE LET US KNOW, WE MUST CHANGE THE WASTEGATE TO S SPRINGGATE SO THE ADDITIONAL PRESSURE DOESN'T DAMAGE THE WASTEGATE BY OPENING IT TOO FAR**
DPS In-house Engineered 360 Degree Thrust Bearing